Top moments of playing at The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts on the Millennium Stage:
1. Playing with Ariel Horowitz, Be Steadwell, and Ysaye Barnwell, all seriously awesome and talented musicians. Top 3 best shows I've ever played.
2. A deaf man walking up to me and telling me that he couldn't hear all of my music but could feel it and it made him cry. Woah.
3. Literally playing at the Kennedy Center was amazing in itself.
4. Playing my Skytop Guitars custom in such an awesome space. Guitar tone was 10/10.
5. Having an artist assistant for the first time at a gig. Shout out to Sarah.
6. My brother taking this super classy picture.
If you want to see the show, here's the livestream: http://www.kennedy-center.org/video/index/M69581
Here are the shows I’m playing in June! Another show has been added in Richmond on June 30, where I’ll be playing with the awesome group “Baer and the Lady”! I also recently received my new custom Skytop Guitar! Check out the gear page for pictures.
Check out my interview and the world premiere of my piece “New Beginnings” in Acoustic Guitar Magazine! In the interview, I discuss how I started playing guitar, my early influences, and my compositional process, (and the merits of smooth jazz). I also give tips and tricks on how to tackle “New Beginnings.” Click the picture below to read the interview and check out the transcription of “New Beginnings” here: acousticguitar.com/new-beginnings-a-contemplative-study-by-yasmin-williams/
Thanks so much to Greenpeace for using my song “Guitka” in their end of the year video: “Reasons For Hope.” I firmly stand by their mission to make the world a more hospitable place for all of us!
My album got reviewed in Vintage Guitar Magazine! Click here to read the review!
LISTEN TO MY NPR INTERVIEW ON THE WEEKEND EDITION SHOW!